Working effectively with Trade Unions
This highly practical (one-day half-day) course will benefit HR Specialists and managers who have not previously worked in a unionised environment, who have limited experience of working with trade unions or who would like a refresher course on the collective dimension of employment.
The course will provide a clear understanding of the processes by which a union can become recognised by an employer, and will examine the wide-ranging rights of union members and their representatives in the workplace, whether or not a union is officially recognised. It will consider how to develop and maintain mutually constructive and respectful working relationships with union members and their representatives.
- An overview of the background to current industrial relations
- The difference between voluntary and statutory recognition
- The status of collective bargaining and collective agreements
- The roles and rights of trade union officials and members
- The number of union representatives and their constituencies
- The difference between consultation and negotiation
- Dealing with ballots and industrial action
- Promoting good employee relations and ‘win-win’ solutions
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?