A key responsibility of line managers is to continuously manage employee performance. Failure to address issues of unsatisfactory performance can lead to negative outcomes.
This half-day course is aimed at assisting those with responsibility for managing performance to do so effectively in order to minimise underperformance issues.
Managers will be trained on how to recognise underperformance (conduct or capability) and respond with early interventions. The training will give guidance on how to manage serious and on-going performance issues requiring formal corrective action, up to and including dismissal. The training will cover the legal and best practice aspects of managing underperformance.
- Identifying early signs of unsatisfactory performance and engaging early intervention measures
- Managing performance during the probationary period
- Preparing for and conducting performance review meetings; what should they entail and what outcomes should be considered?
- Handling challenging performance conversations
- Practical guidance on managing on-going performance issues through a formal process
- Implementing a Performance Improvement Plan: what should it cover and how should it be managed going forward?
- When is it fair to dismiss for unsatisfactory performance? A review of the law of unfair dismissal
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?