Getting to grips with TUPE
The law relating to business transfers can be complex and taxing on those who have to oversee or implement a change in business ownership, the outsourcing of services or other service provision change, whether as a transferor or transferee.
This one-day course will simplify the principles of TUPE, and will enable you to decide on the best strategy and practice to ensure a successful outcome of the TUPE process for your business.
- What TUPE means and when it applies
- Automatic transfer principle – who transfers and on what terms – including tricky areas such as discretionary benefits and pensions
- How to deal with disputes over whether TUPE applies and who transfers
- Due diligence – what to ask for and provide at each stage of the process
- Obligation to provide “employee liability information”
- Duty to inform and consult – understanding the legal obligations and how to employ best practice
- Key steps to take before and after a transfer
- What changes or restructuring can be implemented following a transfer
- Protection against dismissal
- Maintaining good employment relations
- Important legal cases and how they shape the TUPE landscape
- What happens if TUPE does not apply
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?