Investigations and Disciplinary Procedures in ROI
This half-day course is designed for both HR professionals supporting the management of disciplinary issues and the managers who have responsibility for dealing with all levels of discipline. Its objective is to develop skills and confidence of those involved in any aspect of the process.
This highly practical course covers all the legal and practical aspects of effectively managing the disciplinary process from conducting investigations through to holding appeal meetings. At the end of the course attendees will have a better working knowledge of all elements of the process and the importance of fair procedures and ensuring consistency in the application of organisational rules and procedures.
- An overview of the law relevant to discipline, including unfair dismissal and the WRC Code of Practice on Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures
- The importance of the Organisation’s policies and procedures in communicating standards and the process for dealing with misconduct
- When is suspending an employee appropriate?
- Conducting thorough investigations from planning stage to completing an investigation report
- How to conduct effective investigatory interviews and deal with common challenges such as, requests for anonymity
- Drafting disciplinary invitations and practical guidance on framing “fit for purpose” misconduct allegations
- Preparing for and holding fair disciplinary hearings; understanding the right to representation
- How to make fair and impartial disciplinary decisions and prepare a rationale document and a well-drafted and reasoned outcome letter
- The importance of documenting meetings and key criteria for taking reliable notes
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?