Poor attendance can have a detrimental impact on an organisation’s performance and competitiveness if not managed properly.
This one-day course considers both legal and practical issues involved in dealing with absence in the workplace. The course objective is to give those responsible for managing absence the skills and confidence to effectively manage both short and long term absence.
- Promoting a good attendance culture in your organisation
- Tackling frequent short term absence and practical strategies for eradicating unnecessary absence
- Conducting effective return to work interviews
- Case managing long-term absence
- Engaging occupational health and obtaining focused medical reports
- Implementing rehabilitation measures and what to do if they fail
- Understanding the Disability Discrimination Act and the duty to make reasonable adjustments
- Terminating employment on grounds of capability and the legal considerations involved
- Case studies on managing difficult and sensitive issues relating to both physical and mental health conditions
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?