Handling employee redundancies can be one of the most difficult challenges an employer will face. Getting the process wrong can result in costly tribunal claims and lower employee morale.
This half-day course will provide a comprehensive awareness of how to identify the most suitable options for your business when facing a downturn in activity or a need to restructure. We will demonstrate how to communicate and carry out a redundancy programme in the fairest, most effective and legally compliant way from start to finish.
- Statutory definition of redundancy
- Company announcements
- Investigating possible alternatives to redundancy
- Seeking volunteers – when to accept or refuse a volunteer
- Collective consultation and all that this involves, including how to elect and inform representatives
- Identifying the correct selection pools or individual jobs
- Identifying fair and non-discriminatory selection criteria
- Applying selection criteria in a fair and non-discriminatory way
- Preparing for and carrying out “at risk” interviews
- Confirming selection for redundancy and holding appeals
- Offering suitable alternative employment and trial periods
- Notice periods, redundancy payments and offering other support to employees
- Managing change following a redundancy
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?