Employment Law Essentials for New Managers & HR Professionals
This one day course is ideal for team leaders, line managers and HR professionals who want to obtain a good working knowledge of employment law and essential management skills to assist them to effectively manage their teams in line with the Company policies and procedures. Through the use of case studies and practical exercises this course will empower attendees to handle key management issues.
Dealing with all Levels of Discipline
- How to deal with a range of conduct issues from minor misconduct to serious offences
- Conducting effective workplace investigations and investigation interviews
- Managing formal discipline from drafting letters of invite to hearing through to conducting the hearing and deciding on the appropriate outcome
- Effective note taking and record keeping
Managing Underperforming Employees
- Identifying early signs of unsatisfactory performance and engaging early intervention measures
- Handling challenging / sensitive performance conversations. What should be covered and what should be avoided?
- Practical guidance on managing on-going performance issues through a formal process including termination of employment.
- Tackling frequent short term absence and practical strategies for eradicating unnecessary absence
- Conducting effective return to work interviews
- Case managing long-term absence
- Understanding the Disability Discrimination Act and the duty to make reasonable adjustments
Effectively Managing Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
- Defining the behaviours and looking at steps to eradicate bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Handling employee complaints using both an informal and formal procedure
- Holding effective grievance hearings and investigations
Enquire about Training
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Interested in membership?