Right to Work Update
We have been notified by the Home Office that the Employer’s Guide to Right to Work Checks has been updated and asked to communicate to businesses..
We understand that the most significant updates, some of which you were already be aware of, relate to:
- clarification for employers on the use of Identity Document Validation Technology (IDVT) and Identity Service Providers (IDSPs) to support manual document-based and Home Office online checking service right to work checks.
- the use of “Reusable Identities” for checks involving the use of IDSPs (Annex C, Appendix A).
- changes to enable some individuals with an outstanding, in-time application for permission to stay in the UK, or an appeal, or Administrative Review (3C leave) to prove their right to work using the Home Office online checking service. For more information, please refer to this factsheet
- confirmation that Re-Admission to the UK (RUK) endorsements are an acceptable document for the purposes of right to work checks (List A, no. 4).
- information on sponsored work and student categories (Annex B).
- information on short-dated Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs).
- the ‘Employment of Ukraine nationals’ annex is now solely contained within guidance under Annex D.
If you have any queries please contact the Legal Team.