Labour Relations Agency (LRA) Publishes Guidance On Managing Vaccination Issues in the Workplace
We have been asked by some Members for a Vaccination Policy and are pleased to see that the Labour Relations Agency has now published free Guidance on Managing Vaccination Issues in the Workplace, which includes a Sample Vaccination Policy.
The Guidance covers:
- Key Considerations
- Legal Obligations
- Encouraging Vaccine Take-Up
- Workplace Virus Testing
- Vaccine Hesitancy
- Risk Assessments
- Recording Vaccination Data
- Legal Risks
- Unfair/Constructive Dismissal
- Potential Discrimination Issues
- Employee Relations
- Data Protection Implications
- Benefits of Introducing a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy …
The Vaccination Policy is divided into the following sections:
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Scope and Application of Policy
3. Roles and Responsibilities
4. Making an Informed Decision
5. Maintaining a COVID-19 Secure Workplace
6. Time-Off for Vaccination
7. Incentives for Vaccination
8. Proof of Vaccination
9. Changes to this Policy
Mark McAllister, Director of Employment Relations at the Labour Relations Agency has summarised the Key Takeaways in a news release:
- Consider introducing a ‘COVID-19 vaccination in the workplace’ policy document.
- Approach the issue of vaccination in a voluntary and encouraging way.
- Be aware of the potential legal issues and risks that underpin the wording and implementation of a policy.
- Always take into account fact sensitivities when applying a policy.
- Strive to retain effective and harmonious employment relations regarding the implementation of a policy.
The Guidance and Policy can be accessed here